BA (Hons) Motion Graphics and Animation Design
As the demand for animators in the domestic and international markets rises, Northumbria University’s degree at AOD is a great way to get right into this bustling business of animated pictures.
The degree focuses on motion graphics and animation from a design perspective and their applications in film, television, computer games, advertising and new media. The degree addresses this need by developing designers and animators who can work across this broad spectrum of the design industry and take advantage of these many opportunities.
3 years and 4 months.
This three-year programme is delivered into three terms and totals 360 academic credits. In each term, the students would have to complete all of the modules to proceed to the next level.
The programme will be a combination of tutorial guidance, project ‘crits’, lecturers, competitions, live industrial projects and placements. Students will gain a broad understanding of the principles of graphic design as well as specialist knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, sound design, 3D games, compositing and special effects.
LEVEL 4 (120 CREDITS)
- MI4011: Introduction to Animation (20 credits)
- MI4012: Visual Language 1 (20 credits)
- MI4013: Introduction to Motion Graphics (20 credits)
- MI4014: Introduction to 3D Animation (20 credits)
- MI4015: Visual Language 2 (20 credits)
- MI4016: Sound and Design Editing (20 credits)
LEVEL 5 (120 CREDITS)
- MI5014: Character and Design Modeling (20 credits)
- MI5015: 3D Games Design (20 credits)
- MI5017: Animation Performance (20 credits)
- MI5016: Research and Professional Practice (20 credits)
- MI5018: Compositing for Animation (20 credits)
- MI5019: Experimental Motion Graphics (20 credits)
LEVEL 6 (120 CREDITS)
- MI6011: Professional Creative Production 1 (20 credits)
- MI6012: Final Project Research and Development (20 credits)
- MI6013: Screenwriting for Animation (20 credits)
- MI6014: Professional Creative Production 2 (20 credits)
- MI6015: Final Project Realization and Presentation (40 credits)
- Story and Concept Artist
- Character Technical Director/Rigger
- 3D Animator
- Animation Producer
- Texture/Lighting Technical Director
- Digital Modeler
- Stop-Motion Animator
- Creature Technical Director
- 2D Digital Cel Animator
We welcome students from around the world and understand that our international students may have special requirements, email us at email@example.com