BA (Hons) Interior Design
Interior design is the creative response to space, existing or newly built, that considers the function and use of its inhabitants, material what this degree achieves for its students by the time they graduate.
Design projects throughout this degree investigate the key aspects of interior design such as re-use and remodeling lighting and experience etc. This learning experience takes place through a range of projects within the context of retail, branding and corporate identities, museums, exhibitions and event design, and even furniture and artifact design as part of bespoke interior space.
3 years and 4 months.
This three-year programme is delivered into three terms and totals 360 academic credits. In each term, the students would have to complete all of the modules to proceed to the next level.
The programme will be a combination of tutorial guidance, project ‘crits’, lecturers, competitions, live industrial projects and placements. This syllabus culminates in two major projects, one of which is self-initiated. This gives the student the chance to undertake a major project defined by themselves and based upon the area of interior design that they wish to practice in the future.
LEVEL 4 (120 CREDITS)
- DE4001: Introduction to Interior and Spatial Design (40 credits)
- DE4002: Introduction to Commercial Interior Design (40 credits)
- DE4003: Architectural Technologies and Communications for Interior Design (20 credits)
- AH4007: Historical and Contemporary Influences on Interior Design (20 credits)
LEVEL 5 (120 CREDITS)
- DE5001: Interior Design Practice through Spatial Design (40 credits)
- DE5002: Interior Design Practice through Branded Environment (40 credits)
- DE5003: Computer Aided Design for Communication and Realization (20 credits)
- AH5007: Critical Issues in Interior Design Practice (20 credits)
LEVEL 6 (120 CREDITS)
- DE6001: Advanced Commercial Interior Design (40 credits)
- DE6002: Advanced Commercial Interior Design for Industry (40 credits)
- DE6003: Integrated Academic and Professional Practice (40 credits)
- Interior Designer
- Corporate Designer
- Project Manager
- Lighting Designer
- Retail Designer Space Planner
- Hospitality Designer
- Facilities Planner
- Healthcare Facility Designer
We welcome students from around the world and understand that our international students may have special requirements, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flexible Study modes
- NU is a UGC recognized foreign university
- Fully fledged International and local core faculty
- Accommodation few feet away from campus
- Study Now Pay Later options. Flexible monthly payment plans. 0% 12 months interest free payment plans for Credit cards from Selected Banks and Upto 20% savings on full payment
- English language support