BA (Hons) Graphics & Visual Communication Design
This qualification is an internationally recognized degree programme from Northumbria University in the UK. This degree syllabus is behind some of the most innovative designers around the world.
The programme introduces students to the role of a professional designer as a visual thinker and a versatile problem solver. It encourages the development of concepts, research, experimentation, analysis and critical awareness in aspiring designers. The programme provides a fully rounded experience in graphic design while allowing specialization in the areas of branding, publishing or image-making.
3 years and 4 months.
This three-year programme is divided into three terms and totals 360 academic credits. In each term, the students would have to complete all of the modules to proceed to the next level.
The programme will be a combination of tutorial guidance, project ‘crits’, lectures, workshops, competitions, live industrial projects and placements. Subjects cover a range of graphic design fields, and provide a look into theoretical, historical, and cultural contexts. Professional development helps students gain a firm footing as they establish themselves as designers, and exposure to national and international competitions provide both a taste of industry experience prior to graduation, and an opportunity to work with peers from around the world.
LEVEL 4 (120 CREDITS)
- GD4007: Bootcamp 1: Think Like a Designer (40 credits)
- GD4008: Bootcamp 2: Work Like a Designer (40 credits)
- GD4009: The Toolkit: Being Prepared (20 credits)
- AH4010: Cultural History for Graphic Designers (20 credits)
LEVEL 5 (120 CREDITS)
- GD5013: Can Graphic Design Save Lives? (40 credits)
- AH5010: Cultural Theory for Graphic Designers (20 credits)
- GD5014: What Can You Accomplish? (40 credits)
- GD5012: Differentiation: What Makes You, You? (20 credits)
LEVEL 6 (120 CREDITS)
- GD6001: Experiential and Collaborative Branding in Graphic Design (40 credits)
- AH6006: Design Report (Dissertation) (20 credits)
- GD6002: Final Major Project (40 credits)
- GD6003: Collaborative Branding in Graphic Design (Branding) (20 credits)
Advertising art director
We welcome students from around the world and understand that our international students may have special requirements, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flexible Study modes
- NU is a UGC recognized foreign university
- Fully fledged International and local core faculty
- Accommodation few feet away from campus
- Study Now Pay Later options. Flexible monthly payment plans. 0% 12 months interest free payment plans for Credit cards from Selected Banks and Up to 20% savings on full payment
- English language support