BA (Hons) Fashion & Textile Design
An award-winning degree hailing from UK’s beloved Northumbria University is one of the most popular programmes here at AOD. This programme helps the students develop their own distinctive signature style and by the time that the students graduate, they will make a significant mark in the world of fashion. This programme follows the same syllabus and content with special references to working in the South Asian context.
During the programme, the students will get a chance to investigate and experiment with a diverse range of fashion disciplines including womenswear, menswear and knitwear. Once they are ready to choose a specialisation, they will begin crafting their signature style. The final year is where they’ll begin to create, develop and produce their own individual collection for the graduate fashion show.
DURATION: 3 years
This three-year programme is delivered into three terms and totals 360 academic credits. In each term, the students would have to complete all of the modules to proceed to the next level.
The programme will be a combination of tutorial guidance, project ‘crits’, lecturers, competitions, live industrial projects and placements where students will get to understand the local fashion industry through expertise and portfolio.
LEVEL 4 (120 CREDITS)
- FA4007: What is Fashion? Historical and Critical Studies (20 credits)
- FA4009: Introduction to Fashion Skills (40 credits)
- FA4009: Introduction to Fashion Design (60 credits)
LEVEL 5 (120 CREDITS)
- FA5010: Fashion Thinking 1: Professional Practice Preparation (20 credits)
- FA5011: Fashion Design Project 1 (40 credits)
- FA5013: Fashion Thinking 2: Concepts and Theory (20 credits)
- FA5014: Fashion Design Project 2 (40 credits)
LEVEL 6 (120 CREDITS)
- FA6008: Fashion Collection: Concept Development (40 credits)
- AH6007: Fashion Dissertation (20 credits)
- FA6009: Final Fashion Collection and Portfolio (60 credits)
- Fashion Director
- Senior Designer
- Womenswear and Menswear Specialist
- Swimwear Specialist
- Lingerie & Intimate Apparel Specialist
- Kidswear Specialist
- Performance Sportswear Specialist
- High-tech Textile Designer
- Heritage Craft Textile Designer
- Fashion Illustrator
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Entrepreneur
- Fashion Design & Production Supervisor
We welcome students from around the world and understand that our international students may have special requirements, email us at email@example.com