MA Design Innovation
Whether your interests lie in retail or museums, product or interiors, footwear or visual communication, this course will equip you to create innovative designs alongside an understanding of business planning, making it the ideal platform for you to launch your own creative business or become a design strategist for a large-scale company.
Throughout the course we will empower you to experiment boldly and support you to take risks. You will be encouraged challenge conventions and develop innovative approaches to tackling contemporary design challenges, with the cutting-edge facilities for you to refine your talents and realise your creative visions.
You will select a specialist area of study from diverse options, ranging from retail, museum and exhibition, and product design, to interior, footwear, visual communication, and design innovation. Learn to devise creative solutions to complex issues surrounding sustainability and explore the role of design and innovation as a driver for change.
DURATION : 2 years
- Research Methods (Compulsory)
- Creative Design Studio
- Marketing for the Creative Entrepreneur
- Creative Digital Media
- Design as a Strategic Business Tool
- Design, Innovation and Sustainability
- Action Research Laboratory
- Global Markets: Designing businesses for international growth
- Museum and Exhibition Design
- Design for Retail
- Business Planning for the Creative Entrepreneur
- Managing Business Web Presence
- Technology for Design
- Service Design
- Major Project: Design Concept (Optional)
- Major Project: Dissertation (Optional)
Gain expert knowledge from a number of visiting lecturers who specialise in a range of areas including exhibition design, museum curation, retail design, sustainable design, business planning and creative digital design. At the same time, a range of industry, museum, charity and arts organisation representatives regularly present and set live projects alongside our academics, offering you the opportunity to work on real-world tasks and briefs.