To find a missing sock…
…or remember that fell off your desk one day and you never found it? Well, you are about to find them all.
On June 27th, a public event named ‘Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us’ was created on Facebook hosted by a casual meme account, a gaming video creater, and an event planning account. Currently (22/07/2019), there are 1.9 million people who says ‘Going’ and 1.4 million choosing ‘Interested’. The page description reads; ‘We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we Naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets. Let’s see them aliens.’ On the 20th September 2019, 3am (PDT), they will storm Area 51 in Nevada.
Being in Sri Lanka, we can’t join the actual storming, but I’m sure some of us are already figuring out how to be a plan of this. As a response to pretty much anything, the internet community has done its duty to the meme world. We picked a few memes that got a nice chuckle out of us.
1. After three MIB, this could be true.
Via Bored Panda.
2. Yep. Definitely. The next wave of acceptance.
Via Ignas Vasiliauskas
3. A Narotu Run is a reference to a Japanise anime where you run really fast with your arms stretched out to the back on your sides.
Via Tommy Lowks
4. We’ve watched enough Walking Dead to know this better not happen.
Via Ryan Pierce
5. Even celebrities got on the bandwagon
6. This is definitely one of our favourites
7. When the game, Destiny got involved.
8. This made us go ‘awwww’