On the 13th of June 2019, Leo Burnett Sri Lanka held Cannes Predictions at their office premises with a list of attendees comprising of Sri Lanka’s finest creatives. The event was produced by ARC Worldwide and supported by the IAA, 4A’s, and PIMA.
With the initiation of AOD’s lecturer, Chani Perera, students from all three levels of the Visual Communication Programme attended Cannes Predictions where for some of them, it was their first taste of Sri Lanka’s, quite eccentric, advertising world.
Cannes Predictions is an evening where participants will choose from 20 contenders which campaign or advertisement will win at the 66th Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity will be held in Cannes, France, from June 17-21.
The identified global industry trends are as follows:
Acts, not ads, reign
Data that moves
Here’s the full list of the top 20 Cannes contenders. Have a look, and have your own predictions.
- Nike “Just Do It ‘Dream Crazy’” // Wieden + Kennedy (Portland, USA)
- Pernod Ricard – Ruavieja “The Time We Have Left” // Leo Burnett (Madrid, Spain)
- John Lewis & Partners “The Boy and the Piano” // Adam&eveDDB (London, UK)
- Bahay Tuluyan “Disgusting Stories” // TBWA\Santiago Mangada Puno (Makati City, Philippines)
- Mars Wrigley Confectionary – Skittles “Broadway the Rainbow” // DDB (Chicago, USA)
- Amazon Prime “Great Shows Stay With You” // Droga5 (London, UK)
- Centre Pompidou “Souvenirs de Paris” // Marcel (Paris, France)
- Burger King “Whopper Detour” // FCB (New York, USA)
- Essity “Viva La Vulva” // AMV BBDO (London, UK)
- The New York Public Library “Insta Novels” // Mother (New York, USA)
- HBO “Westworld: The Maze” // 360i (New York, USA)
- Kraft Heinz – Country Time Lemonade “Legal-Ade” // Leo Burnett (Chicago, USA)
- Adidas “Billie Jean King Your Shoes” // TBWA\Chiat\Day (New York, USA)
- Shiseido “My Crayon Project” // R/GA (Tokyo, Japan)
- Ikea “Museum of Romanticism” // McCann (Madrid, Spain)
- Microsoft Xbox “Football Decoded” // McCann (London, UK)
- com “AutoAds” // CHE Proximity (Melbourne, Australia)
- The New York Times “The Truth Is Worth It” // Droga5 (New York, USA)
- Carlings “adDRESS the Future” // VIRTUE (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Netflix “Narcos The Censor’s Cut” // J. Walter Thompson (Bangkok, Thailand)
For more information on Cannes: https://www.canneslions.com/