BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation Design Degree
Thanks to technological advancements and changes to consumer tastes and expectations, employers are crying out for designers who can fuse artistic talent with technological knowledge. Motion graphics and animation design meets this need, and AOD's Northumbria UK motion graphics & animation degree, is a great way to get there.
The course addresses this need by developing animators / designers who can work across this broad spectrum of the budding animation industry and take advantage of these many opportunities. Students will gain a broad understanding of the principles of animation as well as specialist knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, game design, visual effects & compositing, special effects, filmmaking and sound design. An underpinning of historical, cultural and professional contexts is given through lectures, visiting lecturers and International study tours and guest lectures. The programme is taught by staff with significant professional and academic experience in the industry.
IS THIS DEGREE FOR YOU?
This course is ideal for students with a knack for creativity and an interest in film, animation, visual effects and storytelling. A good imagination and visualisation skills are, however, far more important than computer software know-how. As all software and tools will be introduced throughout the course, your imagination will be all that is required to take you places.
ANIMATION DESIGN CAREERSAnimator
Visual Effects Supervisor
YOUR DEGREE AT A GLANCE
DURATION: 3 YEARS
YEAR 1 (120 CREDITS)
- MI4011 Introduction to Animation (20 credits)
- MI4012 Visual Language 1 (20 credits)
- MI4013 Introduction to Motion Graphics (20 credits)
- MI4014 Introduction to 3D Animation (20 credits)
- MI4015 Visual Language 2 (20 credits)
- MI4016 Sound Design and Editing (20 credits)
YEAR 2 (120 CREDITS)
- DE1202 3D Modelling (10 credits)
- DE1155 Character Design and Animation (20 credits)
- DE1168 3D Games Design (20 credits)
- MP0556 Film Theory (10 credits)
- DE1212 Motion Graphics (20 credits)
- DE1167 Visual Effects and Compositing (30 credits)
- PA0231 Preparation for Writing for Film (10 credits)
YEAR 3 (120 CREDITS)
- DE0996 Final Project: Research & Development (20 credits)
- DE1228 Professional Creative Production 1 (20 credits)
- MP0672 Screenwriting for Animation (20 credits)
- DE1002 Final Project: Realisation and Presentation (40 credits)
- DE1229 Professional Creative Production 2 (20 credits)
By Yomal Amunugama, BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation Design