Motion Graphics & Animation Design
BA (Hons) Design Degree / 3 Years Full Time
Thanks to technological advancements and changes to consumer tastes and expectations, employers are crying out for designers who can fuse artistic talent with technological knowledge. Motion graphics and animation design meets this need, and AOD's Northumbria UK motion graphics & animation degree, is a great way to get there.
The course addresses this need by developing designer/animators who can work across this broad spectrum of the design industry and take advantage of these many opportunities. Students will gain a broad understanding of the principles of graphic design as well as specialist knowledge of 2D and 3D animation, sound design, 3D games, compositing and special effects. An underpinning of historical, cultural and professional contexts is given through lectures, visiting lecturers and European study visits. Motion Graphics and Animation Design is taught by staff with significant professional and academic experience in motion graphics,animation and design.
IS THIS DEGREE FOR YOU?
This course is ideal for students with a knack for creativity and an interest in film, audio design and animation. A good imagination and visualising skills are actually far more important than computer software know-how. As all applications, software and tools will be introduced throughout the course, your imagination will be all it takes. These amazing illustrations were by our graduate Ruwangi Amarasinghe who is now a commercial artist by the alias Roo. There are plenty of opportunities out there!
ANIMATION DESIGN CAREERS
Forensic Animation Consultant
3d Film Designer
Animation Concept Artist
Special Effects Designer
3d Modelling Specialist
YOUR DEGREE AT A GLANCE
YEAR 1 (120 CREDITS)
- DE0999 - Introduction to Animation (20 credits)
- DE1121 - Introduction to Motion Graphics (20 credits)
- VA0403 - Film Analysis (20 credits)
- DE1006 - Learning Skills Through Motion Graphics and Animation Design (10 credits)
- DE0991 - 3D Modelling and Animation (20 credits)
- DE1001 - Storyboarding and Illustration (10 credits)
- DE1169 - Editing and Sound for Animation (20 credits)
- DE1202 - 3D Modelling (10 credits)
- DE1155 - Character Design and Animation (20 credits)
- DE1168 - 3D Games Design (20 credits)
- MP0556 - Film Theory (10 credits)
- DE1212 - Motion Graphics (20 credits)
- DE1167 - Visual Effects and Compositing (30 credits)
PA0231 - Preparation for Writing for Film (10 credits)
- DE0996 - Final Project: R&D (20 credits)
- DE1228 - Professional Creative Production 1 (20 credits)
- MP0672 - Screenwriting for Animation (20 credits)
- DE1002 - Final Project: Realisation and Presentation (40 credits)
- DE1229 - Professional Creative Production 2 (20 credits)